Too early to take heat lamp away?(picture)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Robin L, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Ok I discovered that it was to early to take away their heat lamp when I heard alot of noise and I went to see what was going on and there was my poor chicken (the only one with really short legs) and my now 8 fat and sassy 3 week olds chickies cramming themselves under poor Short Stack
    [​IMG]
    They now have thier heat lamp back and everyoneis happy [​IMG]

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Too funny! That chicken looks so pleased and bewildered all at the same time. [​IMG]

3. brownfarms

brownfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    San Diego Area, CA
    Now THAT is too cute. I'm sure little chickie was very pleased to find that nice warms spot.

4. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Oh that is too cute. [​IMG]

I took the heat lamp out of the coop at 5 weeks.

5. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Well silly me thought it was warm enough for them in their little pen without the heat lamp. They are free to run with the big chickens but have their own little home to run to if needed. I was worried when I did this but was told "they did it all the time" So far so good and believe me when I say I spend the first whole day watching just outside of coop. They love being in the big girls coop, lots of fun stuff to get into and the big girls dig these HUGE holes they can get into.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    My momma hen has only one baby. Always between her feet on the roost these days - but one evening I went in to close up - and the baby was on someone else's BACK - Too funny and that other hen didn't seem to upset about it, perhaps just a little confused. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by