Too Eggcited

Sarah42

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 10, 2015
Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm really happy to be joining the flock of BYC. I am a companion to sixteen chickens:

Bantams:
Black Wyandotte
Blue Quail D'anver
Quail D'anver
Self Blue D'anver
Spangled OEG
Brown Red OEG (rooster and two hens)
Black Breasted Red OEG (rooster and hen)
Golden Duckwing OEG (rooster and two hens)

Large Fowl:
Speckled Sussex (three hens)

I show most of them at APA shows and at my local 4-H fair. I live in the suburbs so most people think I'm insane to own chickens, I disagree. I've snooped on BYC for some time before joining, but I'm really glad I've finally committed. Everyone seems so nice and so concerned about their flocks' well-being. It's great to finally find people who care as much about our feathered friends as I do.
You'll most likely find me snooping in the Emergencies/ Illness Forum as I hope to become an exotic and/ or farm animal vet (still undecided as to the specifics).
As the title of my post says, I'm really excited to be a part of such a wonderful Forum and look forward to all of the suggestions everyone has to offer as to the best quality of care for my favorite avian friends.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined. Chickens are so much fun. I think everyone should own them. Sounds like you have a beautiful flock.

Welcome to BYC, Sarah. Glad you decided to join our flock. That's quite an assortment of bantams you have. I've only had a few varieties of bantams over the years, and none of them that you have, but I've had dozens of large fowl breeds including Speckled Sussex, and they are a great breed; hardy, friendly and gentle (my children made lap pets of them), and good layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom