Too funny not to share

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Julesstarohio56, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:30 PM.

1. Julesstarohio56

Julesstarohio56 Chirping

Apr 4, 2019
    North Central Ohio
    This is my BO, Norene. She’s named after my late mother, whose ashes we are burying tomorrow. This Norene is the only pullet who jumps into our laps and chats for a while. Anyway, my hubby captured this picture 6FA74549-CDF8-40F5-A796-59D6ACA4010E.jpeg . So ready to be captioned, right?

Graphichick, BY Bob, Momplus1 and 4 others like this.
  2. WickedChicksNH

WickedChicksNH Songster

Oct 2, 2017
    New Hampshire
    Ha I love it.
    She sure is cute and so very serious at the moment lol

3. Meg-in-MT

Meg-in-MT Crossing the Road

Jan 29, 2018
    SW Montana
    Very cute picture! I'm so sorry for your loss. I just recently lost my own Mother. Heartbreaking. :hugs

4. Julesstarohio56

Julesstarohio56 Chirping

Apr 4, 2019
    North Central Ohio
    Yes. Mom passed last October. Just formality tomorrow. But she had dementia and lived with me. She’d talk nonsensically to me, and I’d act like I knew what she was saying. This Norene does the same :0)

5. That’s so sweet! I love her name and her funny chicken face. I’m sorry about your mom. It’s hard, I know.

drumstick diva and BY Bob like this.
  6. Julesstarohio56

Julesstarohio56 Chirping

Apr 4, 2019
    North Central Ohio
    Sorry for your losing mom, too. It’s very empty-feeling!

drumstick diva, BY Bob and Meg-in-MT like this.
  7. cheekychick3

cheekychick3 Songster

Apr 30, 2019
    WEST WALES UK.
    Hi There.
    Sorry you have lost your Mother, however your message brought back
    memories of my Mother. She also had Dementia my kids were little back then.
    She also lived with us, and the memory you brought home to me, was she used
    to get so annoyed, because she could not thread this needle.But there was no needle or
    thread, lol This was the Dementia bless her. Then one of the kids would say Nana
    pass it here, i will thread it for you. Which worked every time. lol Although i lost my
    Mother in 1982 she was 74yr, when i read what you wrote, about your Mother, it
    brought back a memory, for me. As you know, Dementia is so hard to especially
    when it is the ones we love. But however hard it got, and many tears to go with it.
    You need to have that giggle, to be able to get through it too. We know when we did laugh it was not at them, it was with them. So thank you so much, for making me
    have a giggle to myself, and the memory. The pic of Norene looks as if she is saying,
    over here Mam, i want a selfie please. wahhh She is beautiful, and all the best for
    you and the family, tomorrow.:love

8. Julesstarohio56

Julesstarohio56 Chirping

Apr 4, 2019
    North Central Ohio
    The little tricks we come up with to make them happy during that time are gifts from God! My mom was 92. What. Fun gal she was, and sweet!

drumstick diva and BY Bob like this.
  9. Momplus1

Momplus1 Chirping

May 31, 2019
    Moore County, NC
    I'm so sorry for your loss, even though it's been a bit. Dementia is difficult to deal with. My Papa was diagnosed about 3 years ago. They were doing scans to track his brain shrinkage, but they don't anymore. My heart really goes out to you. It ends up being so much more difficult for family/caregiver, than for the patient. I hope Norene the Chicken can soothe your heart, at least a little bit. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers

10. Julesstarohio56

Julesstarohio56 Chirping

Apr 4, 2019
    North Central Ohio
    Amen to that! And thanks, Norene does. I was hoping for one who liked my lap!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: