Too funny!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gritsar, Oct 25, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My chickens had a free-for-all with a plate of food leftover from yesterday's barbeque; cheeseburgers, tomatoes, fries.
    One of my buff hens is apparently ready to get back to egglaying (after her molt) and my rooster knows this; because he wants to mate her.
    The hen grabbed a extra long french fry and the roo went after her for a mating session.
    He chased her all the way across the garden before she gave in and squatted, but she never dropped her french fry. [​IMG]

2. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    [​IMG] fast food

3. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    My husband never drops his french fries when I chase him either!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

5. koifarm

koifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Too funny, we usually go out for breakfast on Sunday morning and did so this morning, I usually get a take out box for the leftovers and bring the girls a treat, it's fun watching them grab pieces of toast or pancake and play hide and seek with them. Not easy in the coop but they are fun to watch. They all get a bit though and love those treats.
    Crickets, on the other hand, are their favorite snack. Saturday on the way back from the farmers market we have a booth in, we stopped and got a little cage full of 200 crickets for the ladies.
    The excitement when they see me walking up with that yellow cage, is off the charts. They know they are gonna get treats and start an excited cackle immediately.
    I usually just take the cork out, put the little spout through the wire and watch as they all grab crickets. Some of the hens are smart enough to wait right at the spout for the next cricket, grab it, run, which gives the next hen in line a shot...
    Even more fun is just dumping the whole cage at once, this starts an unbelievable melee of hens grabbing crickets as fast as they can.....
    It's always fun feeding the ladies snacks.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by