Too funny!

SunnysideupstateNY

Songster
9 Years
May 15, 2010
I look out my back window to check on the chickens and I see a doe...standing there with the chickens. They are feet from her and she doesn't seem to care! They were curious about her though. Wherever she went in the yard, they went. My chickens are so cool!

Does anyone else have a story like this??? I'd love to hear!

Last edited:
We'll have deer--usually a doe or two with their fawns--cotton tail rabbits and chickens out in our yard. They are usually all intermingled feeding on the lawn. Looks like a scene from Bambi--if there were chickens in Bambi.

Funny how the wild animals aren't afraid of the chickens. Today I was outside and we have alot of wooded acres behind our house. There was this little squirrel that kept running from one tree to another and would run right through the chickens. I looked down and at first glance it looked like this squirrel had a tan colored egg in its mouth (didn't have my contacts in lol). I looked harder and I thought, okay pink plastic dog toy? Looked again, and it was a naked baby newborn squirrel. The momma was moving them from one nest to another and carrying them right through where the chickens and I were standing...not even very afraid at all.

We have not had any deer hanging out with the chickens yet, but the chickens do like to hang out with the horses. Especially at dinner time. They eat up all the grain the horses drop. The deer around here like to hang out with the horses.

There is a doe who just had twins & sometimes she will leave the babies in the pasture with our two brood mares while she goes off to do her thing & then comes back later to get them. They don't seem to mind each other. They just hang out under the pear tree together & snack on pears.

Awwwww. Cute story!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom