Too harsh a punishment, or not??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, May 13, 2010.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
  2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Oh my! I think that is WAY crazy. Taking the candy away would have been enough IMO.

3. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    A piece of candy....we are not talking about shoveling globs of candy in their mouths or teasing other kids that they cant have any? Right? They just had a piece of candy? A weeks detention for a piece of candy is a little torturous in my book.

I can see having them write an essay and being made to clean the chalk board or something like that...but a weeks detention...harsh.

4. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    it is scary to see how things have changed in the past 20 or so years..
    [​IMG] what is worse is how most people are ok with this..*not on here, in general*

5. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Absolutely ridiculous!

6. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Its during recess and lunch, IMO not that bad.
    I dont like my kids having candy, it makes me rather upset when my MIL gives them suckers, cookies, etc as soon as she sees them.

She tried buying my oldest a sucker the other day and he said 'My mommy will just say no' but I ask him.. 'Do you want your teeth to rot out of your head?'

I dont think I would be mad over it..

7. MoSo

MoSo In the Wild Plum Yonder

I need to see this story backed up by some other source first before I believe it. There are way too many "one-off" stories that are so much BS picked up by advocacy/interest groups, given a bit of spin and then plastered all over the 'net as indisputable fact.

8. homesteadingcowgirl

homesteadingcowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    This actually happened, was quite an "event" for several days. The girl didn't even eat the candy a classmate had just given it to her, at lunch no less. The school's response is that they don't want to lose government funding for not following a healthy food regimen.

It is absolutely insane.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yeah, i agree.. it is way too harsh. I think that she did need a small consequence or somethng, because rules are rules... and she needs to know to follow the rules...
    But... a weeks suspension? Just nuts... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  10. homesteadingcowgirl

homesteadingcowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by