1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Too Hot To Order Hatching Eggs??

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hippichick, Jun 14, 2008.

1. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Just wondering? I got some in the mail yesterday. I had said that I wouldn't order any more until fall. Some people say it's too hot for shipping. There are more posted that I would love to have, but am afraid to order . Just wondering what everyone thinks? Is it too hot?? Should I wait until fall?

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

There are mixed feelings about the shipping of eggs. I'm sure you will find some posting that it is too hot and some posting it isn't. It does depend alot of where you are at too and how badly you want them. I'm getting eggs shipped from TX to WI next week and I should be getting some today in the mail [​IMG] The weather has not been hot here in WI at all so hopefully mine will be ok. Good luck if you decided to order them [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I don't have anything docmented,I just figure that since shipping is tough on eggs anyway and it takes about 3 days for them to travel,it's not a good idea.It's been in the 90s where I am. I've stopped shipping until Fall.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by