We were going to order chicks this spring, but decided we were too busy. Things have slowed down now and we want to get 20 CX and 5 chicks that will be laying hens. Murray McMurray still has chicks and I'm wondering if it's too late to order (in terms of weather). We are in the gorge in Oregon, last year it got very cold in early Nov. (down to 15) but that was not normal. Average low for Nov. is normally 34. If we get them the week of August 29th is that going to be hard on them to move them outside? Cornish X we will order all males, so they will be ready earlier. Other chicks we will raise in the garage, so cooler than the house. Is there anything I'm not thinking about that is a downside to starting this chickens this time of year?