1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Too Many Animals

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by P-Funk, Sep 12, 2011.

1. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    The puppy got me up @ 4 (he's big enough to get on the bed now). The 26 year old saddlebred has been sneezing ever since. The cats almost got ahold of one of the budgies. The Pigmy Nuthatches have been pounding on the side of the house all day. Two visits from the vet so far. Just got off the phone with him. It's almost midnight, again. My girls seem like the only animals here who don't require 24/7 attention. Here come the coyotes looking for the turkeys who couldn't make it to the trees. Everyone knows sleep causes cancer, right?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Oh My Goodness [​IMG]

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG]

4. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    [​IMG]

And I thought me having to deal with the sniffles was bad enough... [​IMG]

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    [​IMG] - sleep causes cancer. . . .

I think I've got quite a similar experience, except there's little to no vet involved. My last straw with our local vets was just after our last horse died.

6. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG] Sounds crazy over there!

7. P-Funk

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    Thanks. It's been awhile since I've been on. It is crazy over here, but at least it's never boring. What do you do when when your favorite saddlebred is dying? Rent a backhoe? No, I'm serious. The ladies have slowed down (eggs that is), must be the cold. It's snowing in the rockies and there was 3" of rain here yesterday on the Palmer Divide. Thank you for your support. Preston

8. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:Well, I would cry, and call someone who knows how to run a backhoe. [​IMG]

9. P-Funk

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    I have a tractor but there's no way I could bury Cheers. He's been around for 26 years. He's not dead yet, but not even the vet knows what to do with him. Live? Suffer? He was neglected when we got him and went on to become a world champion in 5 gaited pleasure class. Then he took under-privelaged kids on trail rides. Now he's dying. I'm a grown man who is writing this with tears in my eyes. I love my animals. All of them. That's why I don't eat chickens, budgies, dogs, cats, turkeys, or horses.
    [​IMG]

10. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    [​IMG]

So sad to hear. [​IMG]

Sending hugs your way.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by