Too many bantam roosters!

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
I have a small flock of about 20 bantams and out of those 20, 6 are roosters....🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ and they are all silkie or showgirls. I'm going to keep 2-3 because I plan to get more girls soon. I have sold some previously, they are easier to get rid of than large fowl roosters.

I know the answer is to to just eat them, (that's what we do with our extras anyway) but it seems harder when they are bantams!😩 Anybody feel the same? Or am I just being a pansy??😂

This is my husband's philosophy on raising livestock "if it comes down to it and you can't kill it, don't raise it" (he's referring to injury, sickness, etc and too many roosters)
20210921_111647.jpg

I have a small flock of about 20 bantams and out of those 20, 6 are roosters....🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ and they are all silkie or showgirls. I'm going to keep 2-3 because I plan to get more girls soon. I have sold some previously, they are easier to get rid of than large fowl roosters.

I know the answer is to to just eat them, (that's what we do with our extras anyway) but it seems harder when they are bantams!😩 Anybody feel the same? Or am I just being a pansy??😂

This is my husband's philosophy on raising livestock "if it comes down to it and you can't kill it, don't raise it" (he's referring to injury, sickness, etc and too many roosters)
View attachment 2842218
Where in TN do you live and are you close to Henderson County (Scotts Hill) where I live?
If you're thinking of rehoming the roos I'd love to have one. How much would you ask for one? And would you have a hen to go with it?

Where in TN do you live and are you close to Henderson County (Scotts Hill) where I live?
If you're thinking of rehoming the roos I'd love to have one. How much would you ask for one? And would you have a hen to go with it?
I'm in Auburntown, right outside murfreesboro. Looks like about 2 & 1/2 hours from you😔 I have a paint showgirl, a white silkie roo and a paint silkie roo right now. A few of the others may have new homes. I don't really have any females to spare at the moment.

I'm in Auburntown, right outside murfreesboro. Looks like about 2 & 1/2 hours from you😔 I have a paint showgirl, a white silkie roo and a paint silkie roo right now. A few of the others may have new homes. I don't really have any females to spare at the moment.
Just too far away; old and health issues.

Back
Top Bottom