Too many brodies

rssnbabybear

Chirping
Mar 1, 2016
I'm in a predicament. I just reworked my two coops and nest boxes and my broodie house. More space=yeah. I put two of my broodies in the broodie house. I can put one more there if I have too. I have 16 hens total and about 8 of them are broodie. I only have a space to break 1-2 of them. I have the regular coop quarantined off so my turkey can have time to set on her nest. A couple broodie chickens keep pushing her off. What do I do?my other coop just got a whole round of meat chicks so I can't use it. The weather is supposed to be good and they have a small shelter. Will they break if I just leave them outside?

Last edited:
You asked if they would break if you left them outside. Mine do. First couple broodies I had, I just locked them OUT of the coop and run for a couple days and that took care of it. Later that summer I built a little broody breaker for them.

Thanks. I was hoping that would work. I usually put them in the broodie breaker, but since I have so many that are running over the top of each other, I decided to let them brood in there. Plus I'm going to set eggs in the bator so im hoping the will each sertogate a few chicks when they all hatch.

Back
Top Bottom