TOO MANY EGGS!!! I need to finish my Ad!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jeeper1540, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Songster

Mods/Admin: Not sure if this is where to make this post, please move it if it's in the wrong area.

I have wayyy to many eggs!

I have been working on a sign and business cards for the last couple weeks, to put on the mail boxes, but im a procrastinator. I finally got everything done, the signs printed out, and some colored poster board to make it stand out more. i put a little rubber cement (not like for models, like the elmers rubber cement with a brush) Anyway, here is the amount of eggs i have as of today's gather!
    |
    |
    |
    |

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    \\/

104 eggs!!!

I really need to get that sign done! am i the only one with this many eggs? [​IMG]

2. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Maybe you should donate some to a local nursing home or something if you are that determined to get rid of them...

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    You could do the following:

-give them to a nursing home or neighbours
    -Get the bator warmed up
    -Sell some on the BYC BSA listings
    -Canned eggs
    -Give out a free batch to everyone you see
    -Charities could use eggs for some of their work

4. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Songster

I dont have a roo, or a bator for that matter so that ones out. i hope to have a bater someday. i have drake and hen ducks so i was thinking of hatching those someday.

I put up signs at the mailboxes, and a bunch of my busness cards have been taking. just waiting for the calls now! lol

Quote:

5. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Songster

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Jeez louise, Jeeper1450! All of us on here waiting for our first egg and you're whining? [​IMG] Just kidding! Until you start getting calls from buyers, don't you have friends, neighbors, or relatives to give some to? They are your best customers anyway, they already have a reason to come to your house! [​IMG] Tell them to spread the word to their friends and soon you will be selling eggs. How many hens do you have anyway?

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:
    Darn, what about asking the ladies in the Cooking section of the BYC what to do with alot of eggs, Miss Prissy also had this problem once.
    Do you have a BYC Cookbook?

7. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Songster

i dont have a BYC cookbook, but i just got my first call from a customer, so hopefully more to follow!

8. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Songster

My neighbors were my customers. one got chickens and doesnt need eggs, one's dog attacked me so i dont sell her eggs and one only buys eggs once a month. my closest relative is my sister and i just gave her a doz because of the egg recall, she was buying eggs from the store (i dunno why since i have the farm fresh ones) and my friend has chickens, so he doesnt need eggs lol.

im delivering 4 or 5 doz eggs today, i got a call for that many! lol.

and by the way, i just started getting my first eggs (from my 3rd set of chickens) lol
    Quote:

9. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Songster

he bought 5 dozen eggs!!!! thats half of my eggs!

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Make pickled eggs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: