1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Too many Eggs!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by silkieluvr, Mar 4, 2008.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Okay, been posting this for a while but I have way too many hatching eggs (already have 11 of my own under a broody) and I've decided to stop. Offering around 8+ bantam barred rock hatching eggs. To go out either Saturday or Monday (buyers choice). $20 includes shipping/handling. Someone please take these before I do something I regret! [​IMG]

2. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Silkieluvr, hey just wanted to let you know that out of the 6 bantam barred rock eggs you sent me last week 4 of them are growing and I can't remember what the other 2 where but both of them are growing also.

So if anyone wants these eggs she does an EGGCELLENT job in packing and shipping. Because if I'm not mistaken these eggs came all the way from CA to MS and all but 2 are growing.

Thanks
    James

3. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Thanks so much for saying that James! And you must be doing a great job incubating those eggs! Be sure to keep me updated

4. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    You need to stop posting these before I do something I'll regret!! [​IMG]

I just filled my 'bator Monday and only have one so I can't do a staggered hatch....that, and a few other reasons (not enough pens, etc.) is all that is saving me from myself and from taking you up on your offer.

People, go look at Silkieluvr's web site--these little birds are gorgeous!!! Someone take these eggs and hatch some of these cuties!!

5. bjcoop

bjcoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Western New York
    What kind of eggs do you have? I think I'll try to build an incubator as none of my hens have gone broodie yet (too cold). Would like to add a few silkies to my flock. They are SO Cute! (plus.... all of you have me wishing to hatch some babies!)
    Can silkies mix with other breeds well?
    -----------------------
    16 spoilt chickens, 1 13yo rescue chicken-hound dd [​IMG] dh

6. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Went and looked at your barred rocks. They are gorgeous. I pm'd you.

Marie

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  7. BikerBabeRules

BikerBabeRules Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Vermont, USA
    what is silkie lovers website, i'm not finding it anywhere?
    thanks much

8. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
  9. leslie0815

leslie0815 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Will you please let me know when you have Mille Fleur eggs they are beautiful.

10. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I am so happy to be getting the bantam barred rock eggs. I can't wait to see how they hatch. I have only had silkies and a couple bantam faverolles. Now I have bantam cochins in the bator and these eggs on the way. I am a total addict.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by