Too many hens! Looking to rehome a few of my girls.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Lobzi, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

This looked like the only place my posting might fit in appropriately. I have so many hens and they are excellent layers. The problem is Im a sucker for a broody hen so I have more chickens than really fit comfortably on my property. If you are interested in adding to your flock or starting a new one, and live in the SF bay area, I can help you out. I live in the Richmond/San Pablo/El Sobrante area. My hens are banties and all are around one year old. They continued to lay all through the winter when I was reading folks lament about their lack of eggs from their hens. If you are interested please give me a private message and I will get back to you as soon as I get the message. Please, good homes only as my girls have all been raised in a loving environment. Im not offering them up for the stew pot!
    Thanks,
    Robin

2. Lobzi

I cant believe there isnt someone out there interested in FREE hens!

3. annep

annep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Craigslist them maybe, but weed out the bad ones.

4. Lobzi

OK, thank you for that suggestion. I was thinking of that.

5. Jackie B.

Jackie B. Paris Mtn. Eggs

May 13, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Put it under the 'for sale' section here on the forum. You'll get more hits that way.

-Jackie

6. Lobzi

I was wondering it that might not be my problem. Thank you. In the mean time I did post on Craigs list too. Thanks for that suggestion nudge.

7. my3chickens

my3chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Maryland
    Do u think they could fly out to Maryland? [​IMG] I'm a vegetarian & am looking for more hens for eggs, can't seem to find any pullets out this way... Good luck, hope u are able to find nice homes for them.

8. Lobzi

Im packing their bags as I type this;)
    Thanks so much. I think the posting under the topic "FOR SALE" may help.

9. wsdareme

wsdareme Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Yelm, WA
    Lobzi, I'm going to have the same problem as you soon. I keep wanting to add hens as I find new breeds I like. I have 21 hens, several are different variations of the same breed, and all are laying age. I now have a brooder full of chicks -- raised 4 of my own BCMs, and bought Welsummer, Speckled Sussex and Rhode Island chicks. I'm out of room!!!

10. Lobzi

I just love the camaraderie on here. I wish I had shared my situation on here sooner rather than shouldering it alone, thank you all![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by