Too many Roosters!

elinca

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2015
Last summer, I had a broody hen who was hard to break, so I gave her 5 eggs, borrowed from a friend with roosters, to hatch. Now I have 1 little hen and 4 giant roosters added to my flock of 11 hens. I've been trying to give away the roosters, but that is proving impossible. They are aggressively abusing the hens and I don't know how to get rid of them. Any advice?

Last summer, I had a broody hen who was hard to break, so I gave her 5 eggs, borrowed from a friend with roosters, to hatch. Now I have 1 little hen and 4 giant roosters added to my flock of 11 hens. I've been trying to give away the roosters, but that is proving impossible. They are aggressively abusing the hens and I don't know how to get rid of them. Any advice?
I've had the same problem. I had three roosters with one hen even worse. I separated them until I can sell them. Under forums, Buy Sell & Trade Animals need for rehoming. You can post a thread there.

Do you have a friend or family you can help out? I have a few people in mind I plan to give roosters to for free to feed their families provided they butcher themselves. Once you find one person who is happy with this arrangement, they would likely take roosters in the future as well. They will be grateful for the food and you will not have to butcher your "pets" yourself, and feel better knowing you helped out a friend so your chicken raising efforts were not a waste.

Back
Top Bottom