Too much estrogen in the barnyard???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Lobzi, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

I just went into the coop and found my main roo Chickie sitting in a nest box on a dud egg Ive left in there to encourage hens to lay in the boxes. It was so funny. He acted embarrassed as he crawled out of the box as if he was doing something wrong. Poor guy, I didnt mean to disrupt him as he was getting in touch with his feminine side!

2. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I have a lav op that does the same thing he'll get in a nest box and hang out he's never been on a egg but if he wanted to i'd let him brood it [​IMG] i had a male doxie take care of a litter of 3 week old kittens so i don't think a roo would be much different

3. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Cute! [​IMG]

4. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh I had rooster, recently killed in a dog attack (Im still morning his loss) who used to care for the babies. He even gave the young-uns "chickens rides." They would climb up on his back, he'd lean forward to have them slide down his neck and over his head. Then they would run around and climb up for another ride. It was so cute.
    I do have this one pic of him babysitting that I will share.
    [​IMG]

I was just so surprised to see my testosterone-ladened roo, Chickie on the nest. I swear he acted embarrassed when I came in and noticed him on the nest.
    I should never venture into the yard without my camera. Im so sorry I missed that shot and so many others!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by