Too much stress on my chickens!

jennyg

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Haleiwa, HI
Sooo ... this is a post where I do't have a direct answer, maybe want to know where to go from here. impact on chickens and how to maybe improve done damage.
to the background. I took in 4 chickens who are now 14 weeks old (RIR, black australop, ameraucana, and barred plymouth rock) and my RIR turned out to be a Roo so we added two Ideal 236 are now 9 weeks old.
one of my dogs got a hold of an ideal 236 and "slaughtered it" i never thought this would happen and it was a bad accident
so today I saw a craigslist post about 18 month old RIR and i picked 1 up .. yes one since we are renting and agreed on a certain number on hens. I knew it might not work.
I brough Koko home and she is molting, he owner got rid of his bird bc people were stealing his hens at night. So I know she has been through trauma before, molting and then i drove her home (1 hr drive) then my RIR attacked her 3 times. the hens accepted her just fine.
I just checked on them and they are all curled up together in the coop. My RIR Roo is next to the new RIR hen...

Back
Top Bottom