Too old to trick-or-treat?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by frankenchick, Oct 12, 2009.

1. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    I throw this out as a service to all parents. My kids have been complaining that all their teenage friends trick-or-treat, so why can't they?

You are too old to trick-or-treat if . . .

. . . you have to take time off from work to go.

. . . your mask tickles your mustache/"man fuzz."

. . . you can drive yourself into town for ToT.

. . . you already own the makeup.

. . . your voice cracks as you say, "Trick or treat!"

. . . you used babysitting money to buy your costume.

. . . you can stay out after the siren sounds at 8 o'clock.

. . . you're taller than the people handing out the treats.

. . . you know better than to let your dad "inspect" your candy.

. . . you stop at one house 3 times because there's a total babe handing out the treats.

. . . you'd consider taking a personal check in lieu of candy.

Hope this helps!

2. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    most of your points are dead on, but I think i gave birth to an exception.

11 years old - 6 feet tall

I call him my freaky man boy

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG] HOLY COW BATMAN!!!!

4. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    I've never gone to a house 3 times because of a hot woman. However I have gone back several times cause they had good candy.

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I usually get between 30-80 trick or treaters. Every year I get a half dozen older teens and adults. I just laugh wish them well and give them candy- lots of candy.

Imp- think I'm being shaken down [​IMG]

6. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    chickaddict: I had a student like that; he was 12 and wore a size 13 shoe! Poor kid was 6' 2" and the b-ball coach was after him to play -- problem was, he hadn't quite gotten used to his big hands and feet and was sooo clumsy. [​IMG]

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I quit going a few years ago. (I'm 41) I dressed up with my kids, 20 and 14 now and we all walk the neighborhood. I didnt ring bells and get candy, but it was still fun going! Once my son decided he was to old, DD and I stopped going also. I cried the first year DS didnt want t o carve a pumpkin!

8. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    virginia
    hey! i Object!!! i trick or treated.... always ( i'm 30). See, i went with friends till 16, then took my cousins untill Oops, wait, took cousins at 17, hade a Awesome party instead at 18, had dd at 19 and took her every year since, LOL. and ok, i Don't take my OWN bag now, but i still get a share of the spoils. nd yes, i dress up and everything, i am SO looking forward to this year. dd is going to her dads, so me, ds and little dd are going to MY dads. ... they NEVER hand out smarties there! dh misses out once again cuz hes working. [​IMG]

9. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    virginia
    Quote:[​IMG] you can come with us if ya want to. ds last year was a dead cowboy who sounded like a T-rex.

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    When I lived in my old town, we would often get older teen trick or treaters. Some of them were in their twenties. We never cared! They had the best costumes and if I still lived int hat town, I'd still be trick or treating.

Just tell your kids to put on a mask and go. No one would ever know how old they are!

I did have one woman tell me I was too old to trick or treat and I was only about 15. I could see if I was 18, but sheesh, 15 is still a kid!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by