Too soon?

RookieChickyMom

Chirping
Aug 2, 2018
Orange County, CA
IMG_20180820_211002.jpg
IMG_20180820_211448.jpg
IMG_20180820_211818.jpg
My babies are 3 weeks old. When I look at my EE, i noticed she doesnt act like my other girls and "she" looks much bigger. I know it's soon but I REALLY want an Ameraucana (or EE I can settle:confused:) and I'd have to raise her alone if this one turns out to be a male and don't buy another "female" now. Help?:hmm too soon or does she look rooish?

What kind of chicks are you comparing your EE to? EE's can be pretty large, so if you aren't comparing her to other EE's that may be part of the size difference you're noticing. Three weeks is really to early to try to sex most breeds.

The black chick is a SLW of the same age and the yellow is a BO one week younger than the others. The SLW seems small for her age. And I figured it was too early to tell but if I wait longer, and I have to get another,would a NB chick be ok with the 2/3 week old ones? Or raised alone? I'm at city limit with how many I can keep. I REALLY REALLY want my Ameraucana (or EE). Any thoughts or suggestions?

Where did you get the from? It's possible the SLW could be a bantam. A 2-3 week age gap would probably be fine IF there is enough space in your brooder to add another. Chicks don't do well being raised as singles, so if you want to brood separately from your others you really need two. Personally I wouldn't put one 2-3 day old in with 2-3 week old chicks, two 3-4 day olds? Maybe. I would honestly wait at least a few more weeks to buy any additional chicks.

Where did you get the from? It's possible the SLW could be a bantam. A 2-3 week age gap would probably be fine IF there is enough space in your brooder to add another. Chicks don't do well being raised as singles, so if you want to brood separately from your others you really need two. Personally I wouldn't put one 2-3 day old in with 2-3 week old chicks, two 3-4 day olds? Maybe. I would honestly wait at least a few more weeks to buy any additional chicks.

Yeah that's what I thought too, she seems very small but the store said she wasn't a bantam. I'm hoping she hits a growth spurt soon :).
I got them from Wagon Train feed and tack in Orange CA.
I don't really want more chicks, it's going to be hard enough to re-home the we if she turns out be be a he :(
Pray for us!:fl

Back
Top Bottom