Too young for the "stink eye"? .. lol .. **PICS**

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by texasgal, Oct 24, 2009.

1. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    So I was sitting on a stool in the coop today, after being worried all night about the babies because it got colder than I thought .. [​IMG]

They were absolutely fine .. but the shadows were such that I had decided not to take pics .. and the camera was sitting in my lap.

Suddenly, the Ameraucana chick flew up onto my knee and began to investigate the camera .. I reached down, turned it on, switched it to macro and snapped the following 4 pics ..

Please tell me that isn't a little red comb I see appearing where there wasn't one the other day ... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't tell me she/he is too young for the stink eye .. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  2. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    If the pea comb is getting red already... [​IMG] You can also distinctly see 3 ridges. At the same time, "it" is really young yet, so I wouldn't get to worried. I knew my Ameraucana was a roo when he was still very small, and I also picked out his girlfriend at the same age simply because it was that obvious.

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Ugh .. my SFs were SOOO obvious with their combs ... I was sooooo hoping this chick was a little girl. It's the only Ameraucana that hatched, and I've been informed by my DD12 that if its a "HE" then we just HAVE to keep him and get him a couple girlfriends .. [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Never too early for stink eye. I was getting it from day one in the brooder.......ummm, from my baby roo. [​IMG]

5. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Hmmmmm....... looks like stink eye to me. [​IMG]

Very cute!!!!!!

6. mayapooh

mayapooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2008
    Kern River Valley, CA
    LOL I love stink eye shots.

7. sassychiken

sassychiken Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2009
    Coastal Bend
    Sorry, I'm new to chickens so help me out here... is stink eye a reference to something with baby roos???

8. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  9. sassychiken

sassychiken Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2009
    Coastal Bend
    OK, that's what I thought but it seemed to be roo-specific based on the conversation so I thought it was something I might not know about, some sort of disease. I kept looking and looking at your chicken think, "She/He LOOKS ok....what's wrong???" [​IMG]

10. loralei

loralei Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    Cuuute! I just love the babies... even the ones with stink eye! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by