Took care of 2 abandoned kittens

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
71966520_2330267110416271_1556955481937805312_o.jpg

I went in for my volunteer job for the humane society at Petco and these poor kittens were abandoned!
Luckily the petco employees brought them into where the adoptables cats go.

I was supposed to take care of a cat named Ariel but she got adopted before I got there so I got to take care of these two little ones for a while until I was picked up.

They're going to be picked up by a humane society volunteer tonight.

I had moved them into the penthouse before I left so that they had a large place to roam.

Got to tell you- I'm a bit confused by you. The last thread you started minutes ago was about how proud you were that your two dogs killed a cat in your coop "attacking your rooster"- and now you're talking about how you helped 2 kittens. Something doesn't seem to add up.
Because that cat was attacking my pets. I don't have sympathy for those who attempt to kill my family pets.
And it was a cockerel, not rooster. He's under 1 year so he's a cockerel.

And these poor things haven't done anything so why should I be mean to them?

I think it does add up. Occasionally a cat will be aggressive or hungry enough to kill a chicken. Some cats are devoted bird killers.

Some cats never touch a bird and probably wouldn’t attack a chicken.

KikideAnime judged by the evidence of her own eyes, not by prejudging ALL cats. It’s subtle but an excellent way to live.

What exactly would you consider a dog’s job protecting against predators might be?

I think it does add up. Occasionally a cat will be aggressive or hungry enough to kill a chicken. Some cats are devoted bird killers.

Some cats never touch a bird and probably wouldn’t attack a chicken.

KikideAnime judged by the evidence of her own eyes, not by prejudging ALL cats. It’s subtle but an excellent way to live.

What exactly would you consider a dog’s job protecting against predators might be?
Our outdoor and indoor/outdoor cats have never touched our chickens and probably won't ever. Our indoor/outdoor cat is actually scared of the chickens due to being attacked a couple years ago. Our outdoor cat doesn't really go into our backyard and usually stays in the front yard where we sometimes have rodent problems.

And I'm okay with you feeling that way.
I was going to scare it off but my dogs got to it first.
My dog is not there yet that I could simply have her not kill something. She has been taught to leave it but I could not get her to leave a ground squirrel as I watched it die in her mouth. Sometimes you cannot predict an animal's nature. I have since been teaching our dog to leave treats hoping the situation is better when there is something alive in her mouth. The point is you were kind enough to help those kittens. Their mother should not have been sold IMO until they were ready. No offense but places like that need to be stuck to an inclined plane and wrapped helixlly around an axis if you catch my vernacular

My dog is not there yet that I could simply have her not kill something. She has been taught to leave it but I could not get her to leave a ground squirrel as I watched it die in her mouth. Sometimes you cannot predict an animal's nature. I have since been teaching our dog to leave treats hoping the situation is better when there is something alive in her mouth. The point is you were kind enough to help those kittens. Their mother should not have been sold IMO until they were ready. No offense but places like that need to be stuck to an inclined plane and wrapped helixlly around an axis if you catch my vernacular
My dogs hate any predators that attack our birds so I'm unable to get them to stop

Back
Top Bottom