Took Donny camping last night!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by peepsandquacks, Aug 14, 2011.

1. peepsandquacks

peepsandquacks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    We went to devils lake nd, and went camping with the girls (human) and Donny. He LOVED it! I put a leash on him and let him swim on the beach. I put him in the water and he just sat there all confused looking around. He cleaned for a few min but then wanted out, haha. He's not really a duck!
    He walked around the campground with us, waddling behind. Everyone was so amazed and couldn't believe people have ducks as pets!! After the fire was lit, he spent his time eating worms the heat made surface, and then sat with us around the fire (he wasn't scared of it at all).

2. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Amazing....thinking taking six ducks camping with two dachshunds just wouldn't work for us, but we need to find a duck sitter! [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:If I was closer I'd sit for your ducks!! I have 3 Dachshunds and our Muscovy duckling thinks hes a dog too. [​IMG]

4. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Our dachshunds just think the ducks are supposed to be lunch...we have a blank and tan miniature and a red miniature....ducks were a curiosity at first (we kept them in an aquariam and the dachshunds were obsessed with ducks and duck food). Now we keep them away from ducks, ducks attack, but giving the opportunity, the doxies would finish the ducks off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by