Took my babies outside for a bit today. 3 weeks old today~

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by steffpeck, May 3, 2008.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Here are my 3 week old babies, 2 Cochins and 3 Silkies. I took them outside to play in the sun for a bit. They were quite nerveous about it and didn't go very far. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just think they are so darn cute!!

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG] they are wicked cute!!!!!!

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    wow, they blend right in with the rocks and stuff!!! They're adorable, I made the mistake of taking my month olds outside the other day for their first time, and then the weather turned freakishly cold. Now they want nothing but outside time!!!!! Good lookin' birds!!!!

4. legacyln

legacyln Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Jefferson City, MO
    There is nothing as cool as that first time taking your young chicks outside. They ARE wicked cute!!![​IMG]

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Precious! Blue fuzzy butts... my favorite! [​IMG]

6. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    You have a very trained flock there. Usually when you let them free range outside for the first time, they go crazzy and run around every where. Good job [​IMG]

-chicken-boy

7. popsie

popsie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2008
    Doncaster, England
    They are adorable - mine are 2 weeks now and I can't wait to take them out but our British weather isn't anywhere near warm enough for them yet. What colour will the 2nd to bottom one turn out to be - I have one that came from an egg that should be white and my other white ones were born yellow, but like yours I have a brownish grey coloured one that has a yellowish head, (as it's wing feathers are coming through they look white - is it common for white silkies to be born this colour or am I way off the mark? - I'd love to know because I've called her Buffy (because of her colour) now I'm thinking I may have to change her name to Snowy???

Anyway your chicks are gorgeous - thanx for sharing.

8. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Thanks Everyone.

Popsie, I believe that it is a splash color. I am so excited to see it when it is bigger!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by