Took Pogo to the Groomer...dun, dun DUN!!! *Photos*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rodriguezpoultry, Nov 6, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Pogo, the demonic poodle from Hades went to the groomer today. I ALWAYS groom my dogs, but his hair is like trying to shave through cotton. It is impossible for my clippers to get through.

Then there's the biting from touching his legs, so I usually just go have him sedated (knock-out) so I can do it all in one shot, but the cotton-hair makes it so that it takes HOURS to do him. He's been banned from the pet shops in Claremore because he bites. I mean, if they'd just let me use their clippers...

So, this lady said she'd try him. Wish him luck. I warned her he bites and she would probably need someone to hog-tie him for her. He acts so sweet before you do it but during...you best watch out!!!

Just pray he doesn't bring blood, that's all I'm asking for.

Here is a photo of the demonic poodle from Hades:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  2. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Good luck lol I used to groom, but broke out in hives from the hair/fur and had to stop! You know we must have pictures and an update!

3. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Haha Pogo sounds like one of my moms dogs. Pixie was a tiny cockapoo that she had to wear leather gloves to bath (All the grandkids called her minicujo).

4. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Eek! Pogo needs a new name... I feel your pain (literally). I have the opposite problem. I had a really big brainless moment (or 5) and got a standard poodle a few months ago. I do my own grooming too. But I'd never had a poodle with a true "show coat" before. Cotton coat I can deal with (of course the demon dog adds a new dimension). But this NAPPY, woolly, waxy (good wax, not icky skin oil) stuff is utterly impossible! If it's not freshly washed, dried and combed, you can forget clippers. It takes 1 1/2 hours just to do a "quick" brush/comb on this petite (40lb) cooperative creature. Wanna swap? (She's a grump, too)

5. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    [​IMG]

A 40lb. one I can do something with! Does she at least like to be around you??? LOL!

Pogo bit the groomer. She put a muzzle on him and he went insane like I told her he would. He went "cat" on them and scratched up his face (which is freshly shaven) in order to get the muzzle off. He looks a billion times better though and is "kind of" cute when you look at him at a weird angle! They opted to not give him shaven feet, which I am PERFECTLY fine with! I left a tip. Poor groomers...

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Makes me glad it takes nothing more than a good brushing to keep my crew groomed. [​IMG]

7. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Pictures!?

8. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    And after all is said and done:
    [​IMG]

The reason for the muzzle:
    [​IMG]