Took some better pics of my son's Buff Orp rooster today

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Buster, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I posted pics of this bird several months ago when he was just coming out of a molt. His name is Frodo and he is my son's rooster- all the Buff Orps are his. Here is the difference a few months can make.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Did he have frostbite? He's beautiful [​IMG]

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Yes he had frostbite before he came to live here. It froze off his points. Luckily, he doesn't get it anymore because there is nothing left to freeze.

4. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

What's that white stuff on the ground?

Nice pic.

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:I can't say the name of it. It's a four letter word starting with "s" and this is a kid- friendly site. [​IMG]

6. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:I can't say the name of it. It's a four letter word starting with "s" and this is a kid- friendly site. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Wow isn't he a beauty!

7. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I think I have one of his kin. They look almost just alike! This is the only picture I have of him on this computer.

[​IMG]

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Ahhhh... I hope my roos fb doesn't get that bad this year. I've been slathering them in neosporin [​IMG]

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I had a rooster in the same situation. All the points on his comb got frozen off before he came to live with me. He was the friendliest rooster ever, though!

That Buff Orp looks fabulous with all his feathers! His sickles and saddle feathers are just perfect. [​IMG]

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I was so close to culling him while he was still going through that molt. He just looked so terrible! I'm glad I held onto him though. He's been a good one to have around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by