Took some pictures of my chickens!

Dispatch273

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 13, 2014
Connecticut
It was fairly cold here today but my chickens didn't seem to mind one bit! I decided to brave the cold and grab a few shots of my favorites :) Enjoy!

We did have snow a couple days ago. Then it melted and now it's a balmy 0* here! Lol. That's Sparrow my isbar/dorking cross pullet who jut stayed laying! Thank you!

Yup! Blue partridge brahma
smile.png
He is gorgeous. I have a sweet Brahma hen, and someday I want a Brahma rooster.

What breed it the other handsome rooster?

He is gorgeous. I have a sweet Brahma hen, and someday I want a Brahma rooster.

What breed it the other handsome rooster?

Thank you! He's a sweet boy, love him! The other boy is my absolute favorite. He's a blue Isbar. Seriously the sweetest boy ever and he takes very good care of his Isbar/dorking girls. My brahma tries not to let him near his brahma girls though lol

I had to look up Blue Isbar. Wow, its an interesting breed. For others reading, here is a link with info: http://greenfirefarms.com/chicken/isbar/

It sounds like a rare breed, where did you get your Blue Isbars?

They are very interesting and extremely sweet birds! A friend of mine has an Isbar rooster and wanted some girls to breed to him so she hatched out some eggs she bought. My boy, Captain, was from one of those eggs. The two black pullets in the pictures are his hatchmates but are not pure Isbar. They are Isbar/Dorking crosses from my friends original Isbar rooster and her dorking hens(she has a mixed flock lol). I'm on the hunt for some more Isbar girls for Captain. I'm entertaining the idea of hatching some of Pillow and Sparrow's eggs to see how they turn out. Sparrow just started laying this past Sunday and I'm sure Pillow won't be far behind! Sparrow's egg is so pretty!!

Back
Top Bottom