Hi Everyone: I've been working, on and off, on this coop for the last couple of weeks. We bought one of those 12x16 kit tool sheds, but never managed to get it built as a 'tool shed'. So, we decided to turn it into a new coop. I elevated it as there is no shade in the pasture. Hopefully that will give the chickens a little break from the summer heat. Also, as you can see, I built it on a slope in hopes that drainage for the run (yet to be constructed) will be adequate. I got the soffit, fascia and outside corner trim completed this evening, but didn't get a picture. I grew up in a family of carpenters, so I've done everything by myself (btw: it has been a LONG time since I last framed). It's been a lot of fun. Now I'm hoping the chicks will think the same thing when it's all said and done. Thanks for looking! Beams for the deck Its about 5 feet from the ground to the top of the closest beam. Decked Outside walls framed and sided. I am planning to put one pop hole on the left-hand wall, and build a sort of deck, then have the chick ladder go down from there, to the ground, where there will be a run. Gable ends up Trusses set More pix to come . . .