toooooo early

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicks & Turks, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Chicks & Turks

Chicks & Turks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    I get up for school at FIVE. UGH why must I take this long. I just got out of the shower and now am working on my chicken sandwich (i ran out of oatmeal :'( ) sigh The dog ain't even up yet hehe.

2. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    LOL I am off to get my daughter up. Its her first year of Junior High. She loves it so much though so I can't complain [​IMG] It is completely dark out here and I just want to crawl back into bed!!

3. Chicks & Turks

Sep 6, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    My mom told me get an alarm LOL. She said she wakes up with or after the sun, no if ans or buts! So I get her up about 6:30 or a little later. I used to sleep in but since I got my hair done, it's a pain to straighten, or crimp, and I have to get on this forum (note I get up half an hour earlier than I used to before I joined) CURSE YOU BYC!

4. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I hate when I have to wake the chickens up to feed them because I have to get to work early.

5. Chicks & Turks

Sep 6, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    I don't have chick chores today, I'm at dads [​IMG] Mom gets to listen to the turkeys getting mad because they aren't out with the sun. I have it where they can see the sun rise, not just hear the wild birds stirring. They charge out of that door and get about 10 crickets from the grass clumps in there! It's hilarious to watch. I got to watch a dog walk in circles, just to walk. Stupid/silly mutt.

6. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I am my daughters alarm [​IMG] I try and make her morning smoother and easier by doing what I can. JR High is tough and if her morning goes smoother, helps her day [​IMG] My dogs wake me up early anyways LOL

7. Chicks & Turks

Sep 6, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    That's so sweet. I just hate when you don't hear the alarm or shut it off and go back to sleep not realizing what you did!

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Chicks & Turks :

That's so sweet. I just hate when you don't hear the alarm or shut it off and go back to sleep not realizing what you did!

I did that yesterday, well kind of anyway. I had the alarm set for 6:15 to get my son ready for school. The alarm went off, and I promptly got up and hit snooze. Nothing unusual, I always do that. Around 9 am, my son comes into the bedroom whining cause grampa was yelling at him. I looked at him in shock and said "you're supposed to be at school! What happened??" Of course my darling 4-year-old has no idea, and tells me that I shut the alarm off and went back to sleep (Okay, well maybe he did have an idea of what happened [​IMG]) I just thought it was funny that I would ask him what happened, when I hadn't even woke him up!

The good thing about telling this story is that it reminded me that I need to buy a new alarm clock [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  9. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I am the back up alarm for the family. DH has his set for 6:00. Hits snooze until about 6:45. I usually wake up a smidge before his alarm goes off. I make sure to get him up if he's not out of bed by 7:00. Get DS up at 7:30. No need for a watch or clock for me, I do it all year, home or away.

10. Chicks & Turks

Sep 6, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    It's thursday! Do the chicken dance!!!!! Only 2 more days I have to do this!!!! WOOT then I'm working at the county fair friday, didn't enter any birds though :'( but my FFA chapter has a booth I'm helping at. Then SUNDAY is my BIRFDAY!!!!! woooooooot. Drivers ed (finallllly signed up) starts the 22nd. WOOT for September Gosh where does all this energy come from so early in the morning?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by