1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

top 3 geese breeds

Discussion in 'Geese' started by michael0641, May 9, 2009.

1. michael0641

michael0641 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Sylacauga Alabama
    What are the 3 friendliest geese breeds. i know all can become good pets but which are easier to train

2. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I've heard that Buffs and Pilgrims are two of the friendliest.

3. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    I've had chinese, pilgrim and tufted roman and sebastropol. We ended up having a tufted roman , \\pilgrim cross who was very friendly (buddies with the dog too). I got rid of the chinese, because they were too noisy for me. The sebastrolpols I sold.
    I found the tufted roman and pilgrims very gentle and quiet.
    Right now I am into geese after 12 years again and I have four Tufted Buffs I got from Metzger. Presently they live in my garage, while building their aviary. Very gentle, they follow me outside and sit by me. I have spent some time watching and talking to them and I carry them to the grass yard daily. I did not totally imprint them , because I wanted them to be comfortable without me. They diffinently run to me when afraid if I am in the yard. I got them because I wanted more color and didn't want all the white feathers all over the yard:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by