Top hat genetics

Poultrybonkers

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Mar 22, 2011
My Coop
My Coop
If a crevecoure roo mated a sex link hen would the chicks have some sort of poof? And would it be noticeable after they hatch?
2nd question if a blrw roo mated a sex link hen would the chicks have rose combs or could it be single combs.

I'm not really a genetics person or know that much on how it all works. I can only go what I have bred as in my polish that I crossed with an amber hen.
The chicks that hatched have a slight poof on their heads.

Mother ~

If a crevecoure roo mated a sex link hen would the chicks have some sort of poof? And would it be noticeable after they hatch?
2nd question if a blrw roo mated a sex link hen would the chicks have rose combs or could it be single combs.
Crests are dominant, so chicks would likely have at least a partial crest. Rose combs are dominant over single combs.

Crests are dominant but may not be noticeable at hatch. My mixed chicks with one crested parent often will not show signs of a crest until they are 1-2 months old.

You can get single combed chicks from a rose combed parent if the rose comb parent carries the recessive single comb gene.

Crests are dominant, so chicks would likely have at least a partial crest. Rose combs are dominant over single combs.

Crests are dominant but may not be noticeable at hatch. My mixed chicks with one crested parent often will not show signs of a crest until they are 1-2 months old.

You can get single combed chicks from a rose combed parent if the rose comb parent carries the recessive single comb gene.
X2 on both of the above posts.

Back
Top Bottom