Top Hatch Incubator any good and how diffarent is it to a eco 20 ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Soaring Chicks, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Top Hatch Incubator - If you are looking for a hard plastic walled incubator, we believe this TOP HATCH incubator might be the one for you. It has automatic turning, clear hard plastic top for easy viewing, and Tech-Temp heat control which provides very even heat. This unit has an egg capacity of 48 chicken, 120 quail, 24 turkey or duck and 16 goose eggs. When hatch is complete, the removable try can be washed in a dishwasher.
    Hello I have a eco 20 but I need more room looking for any that is auto and does all its self or very easy to work.(humidity/temp) I don't want to sent more then 500. Thanks for any or all info.

2. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    [​IMG] many body? someone has had to try it at least once.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  3. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    ok [​IMG] What is the best bator to upgrade too? from 24 eggs to min of 48 more would be better.
    hopefully someone will answer. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    I had one years ago. The temp control did not work. However, they sent out a new one and it worked great. I usually had close to 100% hatch. One thing I remember, is that the eggs would get a little dry toward the end. That would slow the chicks during hatching. That was fixed by misting them (fine mist not drench with water) a couple times a day.

I plan on buying another one soon.

5. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    thanks for your reply. i'm looking for something bigger then the eco20. 24 eggs just won't work anymore. i do want something that does not take a lot of work to keep everything at the right settings. we work od hours and nerver know how long w will be and i need something i don't have to watch like a hawk or i'll lose everything. thatis why i'm asking about it if the bator would work for what i want. with mine now and then add 48 gives me 72. i would like more but it would work for now. thanks again.

6. Skittlez

Skittlez Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    I have a top hatch incubator that I bought this Spring. My first hatch was 5/6. I started small just in case. It held temp very well and held humidity well untill pipping. Once pipping started, the humidity was flexing up and down. I did mist when it was down, then it would spike up. I was pleased with the incubator. I did not have to babysit it untill day 19-21. I also kept it in a draft free, temp controlled room. I have it set up and running now with a larger batch of eggs, and so far it has been stable on temp and humidity. It was also very easy to clean. Now, granted, this is my first incubator, but so far it has been very easy.

7. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    thanks for the info. every bit helps . good luck with hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by