TORI! Your Grandchickies are HATCHING!! WOOT!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Quail_Antwerp, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    They are at the end of day 18!!

Got 7 Milles, 9 Silkies, and 1 Lt Brahma all moving in their shells!

[​IMG] For a good hatch!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  2. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

You are doing so much better than my two hens and I did...be careful when they start roaming...last Spring the GLW chicks kept escaping the dog crate even though I put hardware cloth and plastic netting all around, at least four lil renegades kept hanging out in the porch, walking around the floor and when the goldens and weims kept tattling, I'd go look and see nothing cause they'd walk behind the freezer and then start it all over again! Thankfully all the (bird/hunting) dogs have soft mouths and never once hurt those chickies because it took me awhile to finally believe what they were telling me![​IMG]

3. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I use a plastic tote tub for an indoor brooder.

These next three days are going to be the longest days of my life!

4. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    They are FINALLY hatching! Boy, sure seemed to take forever!

1 Mille is out, another has pipped.
    My ONLY Light Brahma has pipped.
    AND three of the silkies have pipped! with one trying to zip! WOOT!!

Pictures coming soon!

5. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    A silkie (one of Becky's) pipped, zipped, and popped out! that's a total of 2 babies now!

Oh and my Light Brahma is working on zipping! WOOT!

6. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    I'll pass the word to Tori next time I talk to her. She's currently on vacation down in San Diego visiting her family. I know she'll be excited!

7. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:Thanks for letting me know!! I hope she has a great vacation!!

I am now up to 7 babies! all from eggs I got from her, with another one pipped! Two of Emmylou's have hatched, and the third EmmyLou egg is pipped. One of EmmyLou's looks exactly like the little one I named LouLou from that last batch. Loulou didn't make it, but these ones are doing great!

I now have 4 Silkies, (2 are from Becky's eggs), my only Lt Brahma hatched (so super excited for that one! woot!), and 2 milles have hatched!!

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Yay! Pictures please! I have 5 Emmy Lou babies due on the 6th and three of Feathers babies. I need some inspiration right now.

9. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I haven't taken pics of them yet. They were already hatched in the 'bator when I woke up this morning. I had two of Feather's babies hatch this morning, too!

10. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Here's some pics of the babies.

Two Milles...I am not sure who's eggs these were, I will have to go look at the shells to tell you..Not sure why their toes are twisted. I am assuming it was a problem with my incubation at some point.

[​IMG]

I have another Mille pipping right now. It's one of Feathers. Plus I have 4 more after that one that I am waiting to see if they are going to hatch or not.

Here's Emmy Lou's three babies! That's right, I said THREE! I had started with 4 of EmmyLou's eggs, but one never developed...and out of the other three, they all hatched! WOOT!

Notice the one on the left in this pic, looks identical to little Loulou that hatched on the 10th from EmmyLou's egg and sadly passed away a few days after hatching. [​IMG] We named the one on the left Boo, the others are unnamed yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These two hatched from Becky's eggs, and I still have 6 more silkie eggs in the 'bator. Not sure if they are going to hatch or not, but I'm not giving up yet!
    [​IMG]

I started out with three of Emily's eggs. One never developed, another quit early on, and this one hatched out last night at 11 pm! I was super excited!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by