Torn back leg! DOG ATTACK

Pics

alegonzalez23

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2020
im not even sure were to start. last night i left to get some food at 730pm... while i was gone at 8pm my chicken jumped the fence and the neighbors dog got her. my neighbor heard and went outside and helped her. he just got her and threw her back over the fence to my side. fast foward to 10pm is when i got back and went straight out back to make sure everyone went into the coop as i usually do. THATS when i saw her in a corner outside by my porch. i went to pick her up and her leg was bleeding. i rewinded my cameras and i saw what had happened(i did this after i had cleaned her). i inspected the wound more. the only wound she has is on her upper left leg. the underside of her thigh. its TORN. i can not see the bone but i can see the ligaments and looks like some meat is missing. she is able to move her leg but she is limping. i washed her leg with water and also peroxide... (i have been adviced not to use it no more so i only did that twice). she is eating and drinking perfectly. is there a chance she can regrow that piece of leg missing????? i wouldnt want to amputate her in no way :( please help. any advice would be great. when i clean her tonight i will upload pictures. how many times should i clean the wound and how ? should it be completly dry? she is inside in a rubber bin isolated until she recovers. thanks everyone in advance!

im not even sure were to start. last night i left to get some food at 730pm... while i was gone at 8pm my chicken jumped the fence and the neighbors dog got her. my neighbor heard and went outside and helped her. he just got her and threw her back over the fence to my side. fast foward to 10pm is when i got back and went straight out back to make sure everyone went into the coop as i usually do. THATS when i saw her in a corner outside by my porch. i went to pick her up and her leg was bleeding. i rewinded my cameras and i saw what had happened(i did this after i had cleaned her). i inspected the wound more. the only wound she has is on her upper left leg. the underside of her thigh. its TORN. i can not see the bone but i can see the ligaments and looks like some meat is missing. she is able to move her leg but she is limping. i washed her leg with water and also peroxide... (i have been adviced not to use it no more so i only did that twice). she is eating and drinking perfectly. is there a chance she can regrow that piece of leg missing????? i wouldnt want to amputate her in no way :( please help. any advice would be great. when i clean her tonight i will upload pictures. how many times should i clean the wound and how ? should it be completly dry? she is inside in a rubber bin isolated until she recovers. thanks everyone in advance!
Yes, she can recover! I had a great horned owl attack my babies and I treated her with blu-kote and she’s 100% healed
F7160919-DB44-495D-8F73-DB0C8D7AAF7A.jpeg

Could you upload pictures? Make sure her wound id good and clean by making your own saline solution if you don't have any, 1 cup water to 1/2 of salt, boil until the salt has dissolved, put this mixture in a spray bottle and wrench her wound. Send pics after cleaning too. Then apply neosporin and Vetrycin or blue coat what ever you have, but vetrycin is better.

Could you upload pictures? Make sure her wound id good and clean by making your own saline solution if you don't have any, 1 cup water to 1/2 of salt, boil until the salt has dissolved, put this mixture in a spray bottle and wrench her wound. Send pics after cleaning too. Then apply neosporin and Vetrycin or blue coat what ever you have, but vetrycin is better.
i will get pictures posted in a little bit. i dont have neosporin but il try looking for some. the place i went to only had the wound kote

Back
Top Bottom