Tornado destroys MetraPark arena, Heights stores! BILLINGS, MONTANA

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Wow - I thought that sort of thing didn't happen up there!! Of course, I still remember the day we had a tiny tornado touch down in Lake Oswego...I was walking home from school when the sky changed all of a sudden, and I said to my friend..."That looks like tornado weather"...not that I had a clue what "tornado weather" actually looked like...

3. Rare Feathers Farm

My friends got it on video but I can't figure out how to post it on here...

4. Rare Feathers Farm

I guess other than the tornado--they got HUGE hail and massive flooding!! CRAZY!!!

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

How far is Round Up from Billings? My son lives in Round Up.

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    What a mess.

8. colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    Quote:Actually yes. To be honest, they generally have more tornadoes in the flat eastern part of the state than elsewhere in the state, but billings can (obviously) and does get them as well. I grew up in Glendive, MT which is 30 minutes from the Montana/North Dakota border and about 3 hours east of Billings and we had tornadoes every summer. In fact, one year my grandmother watched a tornado go between her apartment building and the next one (and she watched this from her apartment, which was on the second level!) [​IMG] so yeah, Montana can definitly have tornadoes! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Personally, I figure its because you've got all the rockies to the west and the south west, and the plains area to the east, and it creates a nice area for tornadoes to breed because you generally have differing weather systems colliding right in that area pretty much all summer

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Roundup's about an hour north of Billings...

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:No kidding! At least no one was killed! Which is a miracle!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by