Tornado less than a mile from my house.

Wow how scary!
hide.gif

Hi Moriah! I'm glad to hear you made it through unscathed.
Tornadoes (or any weather-event with big winds) scare the starch out of me.
We had a tornadoes touching down very near here a few years ago --- and in the middle of the night no less. I got dressed and was packing critters to get *somewhere safe*, Hubby was wandering around in his birthday suit and eating left-over lasagne. We were lucky and it took a path through the woods. It made me so mad, I haven't made lasagne for him since.
smile.png

Lisa

Quote:
Wow, what an image! Wasn't that the theme for one of the Ozzie and Harriet shows? I'd swear...
lau.gif

When was this?? I guess I need to watch the news more often!

The closest I've ever been to one (that I know of) was when I lived in IN. My (now ex) husband and I lived in a trailer park (of course!!) with our month-old baby. A tornado went right over the trailer park, and ended up hitting the local college, about a mile away. Did some serious damage there. It was very scary!

Quote:
This cracked me up!
big_smile.png

This happened yesterday evening, around 4:30. We were in the storm shelter until six. It did some damage to a Shogun and a Kohls, but no one was hurt. I was contentedly looking at pictures of chickens when lo and behold, the siren goes off. Way to interrupt an evening, weather!

Back
Top Bottom