Tornado's in Eastern NC

I'm glad you came through ok, Steve. That was some wicked, wicked weather yesterday. A woman in VA was killed when a tree fell on her house. There was a chicken swap yesterday about 2 1/2 hours from me. A few brave (crazy?) folks went, but not me.
hide.gif

We had several tornados in our area since we moved here a couple of interesting damage stories.

One tornado, hit several prison chicken houses (commercial type). It plucked so many feathers and blew them against the perimeter fence, so many you couldn't see through the wire. I had to sit on a tractor and shine lights on the fence and squads of inmates cleaned the feathers out. Dead birds also. It was a very sad scene.

Another one in a little town about a mile from where I was living.....Ms. Ruby, the Postmaster, had just left her home to go to work. The tornado went across the road behind her and hit her house. She returned to her house to find her back kitchen wall mostly gone, But her treasures, dishes and plates, cups, pantry etc. were still sitting on the shelves. Everybody in 3 counties came to look.
big_smile.png

Palestine, Tx had a big November tornado that did lots of damage. But the one thing that stood out to me was the bread store. The roof was gone and only part of one wall was still standing but the bread was still sitting on the shelves.
idunno.gif

Arkansas here....when the storm came through here I was sitting up in bed watching the news....they had been broadcasting for six hours on just this storm. Right as it was getting to our exact area it died down. I was ready....me, the incubator and my stack of hand warmers were going to the hallway!

That was one scary storm and it did not let up, it just kept going East!

Thoughts and prayers are with those who ended up with damage and the families who lost loved ones!

I wondered about you guys when one was going up Hwy 17 through Vanceboro.

The news this morning said there were 62 tornadoes reported in NC

We got lucky and had no damage here

Back
Top Bottom