1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tornados in Mississippi and Tennessee

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bama chick, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Bama chick

Bama chick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2007
    Huntsville, Alabama
    I've been listening to our weather guys tonight and they have been saying there are tornados in Memphis and parts of Mississippi. Is everyone alright? Does anyone have any information? I'm in north Alabama and we are next.

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I am in Tupelo, MS and we were in Memphis today!!!! There is a lot of damage in memphis, go to wmctv.com and read about it. We are getting STRONG winds but most of it is just north of us. There is another line of strong storms coming through in a couple hours though. What I get here, is what you get right after me. Stay safe.

3. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    We're under a watch here in southern Indiana and Louisville. I hate midwest weather.

4. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hope everybody is ok [​IMG]

5. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I'm in Sevierville and the rain just started pouring a few minutes ago. I haven't lost my DirecTV yet, so no thunderstorms yet!

6. Well...I guess I wont complain about our forcast, 10+ in of snow.

7. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Quote:Are you guys okay there? I am from Newport, and I have family there and in Sevierville.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wea re in the line of fire, or front moving thru. Its nasty and wicked lightenings going on! Nothing but more than bunch of rain is what we got!

9. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! I hope everyone is ok. Stay safe y'all! [​IMG]

10. Kentucky~Momma

Kentucky~Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    South Central Kentucky
    Here in Kentucky, it seems as though tornadoes hit just north of us not but 10 miles. They had search and rescue teams out, and there is a lot more wind damage as well. We have some minor stuff compared.... downed branches is all we see so far, but we are not venturing out just yet with flashlights, we will go out tomorrow morning. This is the second round of bad storms to hit here in two weeks. This one seems to have given us more warning though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by