**Torpedo Feeding**

B_Chickle01

Songster
Nov 11, 2020
Stephentown,Ny
Wasn’t sure which category to post in hope this is ok but… Torpedo Feeding a cross beak chicken.. what are your thoughts on it? Is there anyone here who currently is doing it and/or ever done it? My cross beak chick is a few days shy of 2months old(around there..I think she was about a week or so old when I brought her home)so would especially love to hear some tips for torpedo feeding a chick of that age!!

Never heard of it, had to look it up. I found some YouTube videos.
Couldn't say whether it's something that works well or not - why don't you try it and let us know.

Alternatively you could crop feed her. @casportpony has an article about this that you may find helpful. You don't have to use Baby Bird formula, you can make a slurry out of chick starter. @Overo Mare may also have some tips for you as well.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/crop-feeding.75454/

Never heard of it, had to look it up. I found some YouTube videos.
Couldn't say whether it's something that works well or not - why don't you try it and let us know.

Alternatively you could crop feed her. @casportpony has an article about this that you may find helpful. You don't have to use Baby Bird formula, you can make a slurry out of chick starter. @Overo Mare may also have some tips for you as well.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/crop-feeding.75454/
Usually tube feeding is the last step if there’s no luck with torpedo feeding. Plus that’s a lot more invasive and I’m nervous about torpedo feeding so I don’t want to have to tube feed unless I absolutely HAVE to! A lot of people have had their chickens/chicks near death and started torpedo feeding and it was a complete turn around! They say it’s tricky at first but once you get the hang of it’s so fast and it doesn’t take long to get the hang of! Thank you so much for advice and tagging another member.

Back
Top Bottom