toss or let it be?

thebulg

Chirping
Aug 20, 2015
North carolina
about to go into lockdown, i did my final candling and air cell markings. only 5 eggs. all 5 had movement 2 days ago. one of them had no movement tonight, but the more concerning thing is that the air cell hasn't grown at all from the marking on day 12; it was the last one i candled, and immediately upon putting on the light i said to my husband "oh this one is going to hatch last" because you can still see veins on the side of the egg.

should i take it out? there is no smell.

about to go into lockdown, i did my final candling and air cell markings. only 5 eggs. all 5 had movement 2 days ago. one of them had no movement tonight, but the more concerning thing is that the air cell hasn't grown at all from the marking on day 12; it was the last one i candled, and immediately upon putting on the light i said to my husband "oh this one is going to hatch last" because you can still see veins on the side of the egg.

should i take it out? there is no smell.
I wouldn't toss it till after the hatch is done. If the air cell is that much smaller I would probably set it upright in a cut down carton in case it did pip and hacth.

it was dead. ugh. nobody had externally pipped this evening, so i candled again. all of the veins in the egg were gone. completely. and there was still a very visible yolk. the air sac hadn't grown at all. so i started by opening the air cell, no movement, no sound, nothing. opened it up, sure enough, it stopped between day 14 and 15. not sure why. it would have been a really pretty chick. white down all over, and then a dark line down its back. the way it goes i suppose.

the other 4 eggs are all great, movement seen in all 4, one looks like it's either already internally pipped or that sucker is trying its hardest! so i will try to take what i can get!

Back
Top Bottom