Toss Training Pigeons

ByrdMane

Hatching
Dec 21, 2020
Hey I need some help I bought some homing pigeons I dont really know how old they are i done had em for a lil over 3 months now I let em out the loft 3 different days they flew around an trap back ok so I took one up the street and let him go but he just flew up in the closes tree I seen him flyin around the neighborhood but he never came back what does this mean ? How do I know if my pigeons or how do I get my pigeons ready for a toss ? Or how do I get my pigeons to fly straight home after a toss ?

biophiliac

Traveler in BYCLand
5 Years
Apr 22, 2016
DeForest, WI
Tagging @backyard pigeons , he is training and good at explaining. You've done well keeping them in for a bit and getting them loft flying and trap trained.

How far down the street did you take him?

I don't think I'd take a lone bird on a first toss...how many birds do you have?
Probably the first toss should be very, very close

Pigeon28

Songster
Mar 14, 2020
Vermont
I’m no pro as this is my first year with pigeons but from what I have read/heard you should be loft flying then much more than 3 times before taking them for a toss. They should be loft flying for around 30 min to an hr before they get tossed and I loft flew mine more than 15 times before I tossed mine for he first time

biophiliac

Traveler in BYCLand
5 Years
Apr 22, 2016
DeForest, WI
I’m no pro as this is my first year with pigeons but from what I have read/heard you should be loft flying then much more than 3 times before taking them for a toss. They should be loft flying for around 30 min to an hr before they get tossed and I loft flew mine more than 15 times before I tossed mine for he first time
I definitely agree with that! Good advice. :thumbsup

Top Bottom