Total Bummer Day!

seabreeze

Songster
9 Years
Aug 21, 2010
Scio, OR
Yesterday afternoon, a huge rain and wind storm knocked a monster sized tree down a few houses down from me, taking out electricity and phone/DSL at 3 pm. Electricity finally came back on today at 11 am. We tried our best to keep the eggs warm but with temps outside in the high 30s, despite keeping the house overly hot with the wood stove, the eggs just did not make it. We had 45 BCMs due to hatch next week and my Midget Whites I got from Lotsapaints were due next week as well and they are lost.
barnie.gif
c
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

I'M SO FREAKING BUMMED OUT.......46 eggs, just too cold for too long.
hit.gif

Last edited:
T hope you didn't toss them. Give it a try. The hatch date will be extended, but they still may hatch. You have nothing to lose by continuing the incubation.

Thanks everyone. We've put the warmest ones back in but the ones that were so ice cold, I did break open and the chicks were not viable at all, they were almost stiff inside their shells.

I still would have tried. When I was a kid in Korea you could buy chicks on the street corners for an equivalent to a quarter. We bought some and had no idea how to care for them. That night they sat in a box outside in the fall, in the morning all were dead and stiff. My aunt warmed them up by the fire and they came back to life!

Had a similar experience with my first incubation back in 03 with button quail. out of 40 4 hatched. It's possable!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom