Total devastation!!! I’m crushed…

lolita117

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2011
Hestand, KY
So I received my order from Meyer Hatchery today and out of 38 chicks, only one is holding on for dear life. My box was silent when I received it.
hit.gif
I’m so crushed. I order from Meyer last year and lost ½ my order within 2 days, but my replacement order was successful. So I decided to give them another try. I know it’s not their fault. Maybe, it’s just my luck? My first mail delivery order I ever received was from Murray McMurray in 2011 and didn’t lose a chick. Actually all made it to adulthood except ones that dogs got a hold of. Not to mention that the only reason I order chicks again this year was because hubby let the chickens out and one of my dogs that kill the chickens when unsupervised and I lost 25 out of 55 chickens in a matter of hours.
hit.gif
Devastation upon devastation. Will it ever cease? Hopefully, my replacement order that is supposed to ship this next week will fare better. I also went ahead and order some from McMurray too, with a mid-March ship date. Maybe my lone little guy will pull through. I need a little chick love
sad.png

I'm So Sorry
hugs.gif
. I have ordered from Meyers and had no problem. Give your little lone chick some sugar water and some cooked egg and it may pull through.
fl.gif
Drop Shipped means shipped from a different location. They probably just got too cold in shipping. Hope this next shipment will go well for you.

With temperatures as low as the teens this past week, these kinds of sad things are rather inevitable. While I'm sorry about all the dead chicks, I'm not sure about the wisdom of hatcheries trying to ship chicks in this bitter weather. The USPS trucks are not heated, they'll often sit for hours at the loading dock and at transfer points, unheated, of course. I know the hatcheries sometimes put a heat patch in the shipping box, but I still think it too cold to be shipping chicks. Just my $.02 worth. I believe you'll have a happier outcome in spring.

I just wanted to say that I am so sorry. I dont know if I could handle that. Wow I just so sorry.

A friend got some chicks once and not only were they all dead but had been for about a week or so and it was in July ... It was nasty and the USPS said they were obligated to deliver even if they knew they were dead and a stinkin.

We went through this some years ago during cold spell. Do NOT order chicks when a snowstorm is predicted between you and the hatchery. All it takes is a delay at one airport and they have had it.

Back
Top Bottom