Totally awsome candler!!! Very inexpensive!!! *PICS*

Crest Acres Girl

Songster
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Southern California
Ok Went to home depot today ( I saw alot of this + different kinds at Lowes, HD just had the sale) and saw this really tiny LED flashlight!!! And then it hit me ...wow this would make an awesome candler!! It was only 5 dollars it comes with 4 extra batteries. It has a flex neck which means I can candle my eggs without even taking the eggs out of the bator! I took some pictures for you guys and here it is
warning: I nearly blinded myself because I turned it on while looking at the led bulb...-Feels smart- so dont do that

Pic from their site

Pic from me

I didnt even point it directly at the egg!! its behind the egg...

Under the egg

This is when I nearly died getting blinded, I still see spots as I type!

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildsky

Wild Egg!
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
California
SCORE!

Thanks for sharing (sadly no home depot here - but I won't be hatching for some time anyway)

swtangel321

~Crazy Egg Lady~
11 Years
Jul 11, 2008
Quote:You could always go to Homedepot.com !!!!!!! You know you want one !!!!!!!

swtangel321

~Crazy Egg Lady~
11 Years
Jul 11, 2008
Quote:Gonna have to take a ride to home depot, Hubby will be happy about that !!!!!!! Looks like a GREAT little light, I cant belive it was only $5.00 What deparment was it in ???

Crest Acres Girl

Songster
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Southern California
It was on the checkout area where the batteries are. If your lazy like me, Just ask them if they have any tiny LED lights
oh and I also I saw them at Lowes.

Its called "Flex LED Flashlight" By Coast. Says it have up to 75 hrs of battery life, up to 100,000 hours of light from LED. It also have a lifetime guarantee lol that ask me to send it in for repair or replacement along with a $5.00 check for shipping and handling and the guarantee does not include batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:

mainchick

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Southern CA
OH MY GOSH! I have been looking for a cheaper alternative for the candler! I just had and incedent that I could have really used that for!!! Our 4H candler is out on loan and it cost $70! I am soooooooooo buying that!

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Great idea!
Thanks for sharing!
LOL It even kinda is blinding when you look at that last picture!

country freedom

Songster
12 Years
Jul 14, 2007
Greater Clark County, Indiana
Now you had to go and post this so I can see this....! :eek:

ENABLERS..!!!

Since I've posted what kind of chickens I really wanted for natural brooding (no feathered feet, no silkies), I've heard people pushing feathered feets, and silky feathers - yes, I said "pushers"
......since then, I've started looking at incubators for breeds I'd like to try on my own that don't go broody.....them darn enablers.....

Now I've included in my list ...feathered feets.....Cochins and Brahmas, both are excellent parents, I've read, (no silkies), but I do want a Black Crested White Polish roo....can you imagine the pretty hairdos running around?

Now I'll have to sneak off after work to check this lil' light out before I surprise my DF after buying it......Baby...! Look what I was shown on BYC....! I will need this to make sure the eggs are still developing and are healthy!
enablers.......y'all are...!

Top Bottom