Totally bummed....Now day 15!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by karri25, Nov 21, 2007.

1. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    I ordered 6 blue and blue splash silkie eggs offline and then threw in 8 of my sex links for a friend. I candled for the first time this morning, I was trying to wait until Friday but it was killing me. ALL of the eggs from my girls have big black eyes staring back at me but only maybe one from the silkies are growing. I am sooooo bummed! Could it maybe be a mistake???? I am hoping, even though the silkie eggs are white and mine are brown, that I made a mistake so I'm leaving them in there for awhile longer. I'm just really disapointed:-(

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. jazzchicken

jazzchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2007
    Georgia
    Who did you buy from? I bough some silkie hatching eggs too, and I hope I don't have that problem. Sorry bout the eggs though. Maybe they will hatch [​IMG]

3. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    I don't think it was the seller. I think the problem had to be in shipping. This seller seems really great and shipped her eggs in awesome condition. I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll try to go look her up. Do you know the name of the person you ordered from off the top of your head?? I'd know it if I saw it.

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yeah, I'm worried about that too. I ordered some RIR eggs and asked that they not send them so they would get stuck in T-day mail in some sub-zero warehouse some where. Well, they did. [​IMG]

Now I'm not so hopefully that this will be a good test for my homemade bator.

5. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    That is really frustrating. So sorry:-(

6. jazzchicken

Nov 17, 2007
    Georgia
    yeah I remember the seller's ebay name. It was baileysjfords or something like that. I recieved all my eggs in perfect condition with no cracks or anything. I have still yet to candle though. It is only day 4

7. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    THta's not her. She has a c and an m in her name. She seems really good though. She has great feedback and sent a copy of her pullorum report and has a website with great pictures of her birds. This is just depressing me even more:-( I couldn't wait to get some out of her award winning beauties:-(

8. jazzchicken

Nov 17, 2007
    Georgia
    Oh well. Maybe they will grow. It might have been caused by shipping. I am an amatuer at this so I'm not sure

9. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    If I were you, I'd just keep them in the incubator until it is fully apparent that they aren't viable. No harm in that. Could the embryo's of silkies be smaller than your other birds? . . . I'm a duck-a-phile, not a chicken person, so I don't know.

10. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Hey that might be something right there! My silkies are of course bantams and my sex links are full-sized!!!!!!!!!!

Please, if you know if this could be a factor let me know. I would hate to get my hopes high for nothing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by