Totally Confused.....Silver Penciled Rocks or Welsummer

annabellaknits

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Please help me. I hatched too many breeds at once and thought I did this great job of identifying all of them but I am missing a silver penciled rocks and welsummer. These are the only ones that could possibly be them. Oh and they're 6ish weeks old and of course I've never had these two breeds so don't know exactly what to look for.

Heres the possible Welly I really think its an EE but hoping. Its legs are a whitish but theres a blue tinged?

Heres the possible SPR? If it is Im figuring it has to be a roo?

The first isn't a Welsummer, and it is not likely an EE either. The second could be your penciled Rock cockerel.

Why do you say not EE? If it's just two random breeds then it could look like anything
If it's a hatchery type Easter Egger, then there is usually a specific look to them (they aren't mutts), and they usually have yellow skin. If it's a Legbar cross type Easter Egger, there should be barring. If it's an Ameraucana cross Easter Egger, than there should be muffs and a pea comb.
That first chick looks more like a random mixed breed than any potential Easter Egger.
The second chick is a Silver Penciled Rock cockerel.

Not a EE...looks like a single comb developing there, and the bird is lacking a beard and muffs. 

Looks like you have a Golden Penciled Plymouth Rock and a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

Easter egger meaning barnyard mix
Can't be a Wyandotte has a single comb

An easter egger is quite literally a bird that lays colored eggs blue/green/pink etc. Any cross bred bird can be an easter egger if they lays colored eggs. No set standard for comb, color, pattern, size, shape, leg color, etc. Though I agree most generally easter eggers are pea combed and bearded, as these dominate traits inherited from the Americana. It may or may not be an easter egger, but no other breed is jumping out at me so I guessed easter egger as that pattern is common in easter eggers and easter eggers themselves are common. It could be a welsummer, just very light colored for some reason.

An easter egger is quite literally a bird that lays colored eggs blue/green/pink etc. Any cross bred bird can be an easter egger if they lays colored eggs. No set standard for comb, color, pattern, size, shape, leg color, etc. Though I agree most generally easter eggers are pea combed and bearded, as these dominate traits inherited from the Americana. It may or may not be an easter egger, but no other breed is jumping out at me so I guessed easter egger as that pattern is common in easter eggers and easter eggers themselves are common. It could be a welsummer, just very light colored for some reason.

Agree about the EE and that's why I called it that.

Is everyone in agreement that the second is a SPR?

Back
Top Bottom