Totally did this backwards... ah well, hi from Utah!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jobot, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Jobot

Jobot Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2014
    Utah
    Hey everyone!
    So, I've actually been a member for a while, but only finally got chickens a week ago, and it's just as fun and crazy and rewarding as I imagined!!

We're in central Utah, and after some kind of bizarre circumstances, I got six hens, a coop and feed for free from a friend of my sister in law. This friend is... interesting... to say the least.
    For example, the day before we got the chickens, we were told one died a mysterious death the day before. Okay, so, I'm getting five chickens, cool. So, it's a crazy day, we dump boxes full of chooks into the coop, and it's not until the next day that I get to do an actual head count and realize I have six! What!? Apparently, this is fairly normal behavior for her... yikes.

Anyway, ridiculousness, neglect and health problems aside, these birds are great. I love hearing them cackle when I open my door in the morning to let them out, and I love their bizarre little likes and dislikes. My favorite bird is Beatriz, an odd thing with her husky little cluck. She is so bizarre.

Thanks so much to everyone on here. You guys are all awesome for helping me out with this. I got chickens, and immediately, because of the previous owner I had a million things to fix, and you guys have been there to give me advice. Thanks for everything in advance!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Belated welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you chicken adventure is working out so well for you!

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

It sounds like you're having fun with your new birds. What breeds did you get and are they old enough to lay yet?

Nice to have you join us!

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Congrats on getting your flock..glad you're part of our group.

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Enjoy your wonderful flock and welcome to ours!

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

7. pfewless

pfewless Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2014
    Welcome to BYC.

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

9. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

10. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens did you get?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by