Totally new, TSC chicks

Vivb429

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2019
Totally new to this. Long, Sorry. Lots of not great pictures, sorry. Some of these I am pretty sure of, some not so much. 8-9 weeks old. Any roos? I am not so sure on the gold ones. These were supposed to be 1 Laced Wyandotte, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Asian Black, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 ISA brown, 2 Olive Eggers, 2 Buff Orpingtons/Golden Comets/Golden Orpingtons, 1 Ameraucana/Americana - Easter Egger. I can get more pictures if needed, I must battle the crazed Aussie puppy and the pen and coop are short so catching them is hard. The Aussie has already broken one lens on my camera, he seems obsessed with grabbing it or flinging it across the yard. They do seem to be in the process of changing out feathers right now. The gold one in the front on picture 1 and in the last picture is a bully, was from day 1 with us. It's favorite to pick on is the EE who is kind of quiet when not being bullied. We will probably keep them until older if they are boys, I have a couple neighbors with chickens who might take them.

#1 Group shot
IMG_8583.jpg

#2 EE? Keeps to itself. A bit moody drama queen if it feels picked on. Smallest at the store and here for some time, only light colored one, only one with the Ameraucana head.
DSC_6012.JPG

#3 Black girl? protector in a gentle way was the biggest, oldest chick, sweet personality, comes to people, cares about the others seemingly in a mothering way, alert.
DSC_5895.JPG

#4 Gold one at far left is the bully, just gave the EE(I think) a bad time. The other gold one is running. Really sure the RIR is a girl, nice round feathers quiet natured, minds her own business.
DSC_5990.JPG

#5 The Bully on right, the somewhat nicer Gold, they were both bigger than the other from the start and they had their own little gang at first. Now the one on the left is nicer, quieter.
DSC_5987.JPG

#6 Was supposed to be ISA Brown? Pullet? Smaller than the other Goldens.
DSC_6007.JPG

#7 Olive Eggers, both pullets? Pretty sure the Barred rock is.
DSC_5951.JPG

#8 Silver Laced Wyandotte Pretty sure Pullet.
DSC_5949.JPG

#9 The bully.
IMG_8570.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site :eek:) I am in the same boat as you with trying to figure out Roo or Hen haha But looks like I do have 1 Roo but the farm I got the chicks from will take him back and let me try again haha You flock looks happy and healthy. Good luck and welcome :eek:)

Welcome to the site :eek:) I am in the same boat as you with trying to figure out Roo or Hen haha But looks like I do have 1 Roo but the farm I got the chicks from will take him back and let me try again haha You flock looks happy and healthy. Good luck and welcome :eek:)
Good luck to you too. I will have to check but I doubt TSC takes them back.

Back
Top Bottom