Totally Sold out of eggs :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cluckychick, Nov 2, 2008.

1. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I sold out of eggs!! I'm loving it!! I had to wait for a hen to lay to sell my last dozen eggs, lol. A gentleman stopped and wanted 3 dz. but all I had was 2.

Them hens need to get to work. They've cut me from 12-15 eggs a day to 9 and just when people are starting to figure out I'm selling, lol. Dang weather [​IMG]

The only advertising I do is a sign at the end of my drive and so far I've had 1 repeat costumer. Egg sale money is being saved for my son who is in FFA and I'm hoping to get a few goats also. SCHWEEETTTT!!!! [​IMG]

2. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Congratulations!!

3. HAMISH

HAMISH Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2008
    I know the feeling I am all excited too sold some of mine in the village too this week

4. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    We used, sold and gave away 6 dozen eggs this week and we are down to only 4 dozen on hand. We are nearly out of eggs!
    LOL
    I don't dare try to get more "customers", if/when the Delightful Dozen slow down for winter we would actually run out. Next spring I will more actively pursue customers. At this point the DD have earned their next bag of layer pellet, I am not asking for anything more than that for them. That and feeding us eggs whenever we want.

5. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    i know what you mean! my hens have been laying so slow this week. i had 2 1/2 dozen this week and a costumer came by and bought that and now i only have 16 eggs. my hens are really slacking!

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I have 50+ chickens and can't even keep up with demand. Some friends of our have rented the 10 acres behind us and moved in there. They have 50+ hens too so now I'm selling their eggs though my Self Serve Egg box on the front porch. I'm hoping I can keep up with the demand now.

We live in a little island of county right in the middle of the city and folks around here are so into Organic and natural food products that business is booming.

I'm glad that people are starting to realize that not only is it better for you it tastes lots better too. And lucky for me I make enough to feed the chickens and the pigs. [​IMG]

7. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

I don't get it when you have all the eggs your backed up but then all of a sudden you don't have enough! Everyone decides to get the eggs in the Fall/winter when they are not laying as much.

8. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I know exactly what you mean colored...I had like 10 dozen and my son took some to scouts and sold 4 and I was thinking what am I gonna do with 6 dz eggs. I had given some away to family and friends already and I got pickled eggs coming out my ears. Finally a lady emailed me wanting 6 dozen. I was like WAHOO!!!

9. Poppycock

Poppycock Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2008
    Alpine, UT
    It's because fall/winter is when all those great baking holidays show up - just when we need more eggs! And those silly hens decide that they are going to slow down production. What are they thinking?[​IMG]

10. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thats great! [​IMG] Hope your chickens get with it and start laying more,lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by