Tough decision to make...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Jun 30, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    So I need to choose, do I stick with breeding and showing Bantams or do I get rid of most of my Bantams (im too attatched to get rid of some of them) and go to breeding and showing Jersey Giants? I really dont know what to do and I really dont want to choose but I have to... its either Bantams or LF...

2. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
  3. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I sample with little bits of everything really. ANy way the wind blows...[​IMG]

4. RustyHen

RustyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Echo, Oregon
    Think of your feed bill, a new coop etc.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    While I love my Jersey Giants, I'd stick with Bantams. They are so much fun!

6. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I love my Bantams too but Im always getting crap for me having them an their no use to my MIL... She wants layers and Bantams arent layers especailly mine because Im breeding and showing..

7. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    How much do your banties cheer you up? Do they make you super happy? Mine do! That's their worth for me. So what if they only lay eggs about once a blue moon? I love them.

8. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:If they had it their way I wouldnt have them at all! When I brought 3 silkies an 3 seramas home last week I caught double hockey sticks for it but when I bring the Jerseys home, I get "now THOSE are chickens" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by