Tough little Easter Egger chick!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BrynnRDH, Mar 17, 2011.

1. BrynnRDH

BrynnRDH Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    Woke up this morning and went to the kitchen to check on the chicks. I was shocked to see one missing from the brooder! My first thought was that it flew out, but the wire over the top was still in place. Then I thought about the dogs, but that it was impossible for them to get a chick out. We turned on all the lights and found her, a little Easter Egger about 1 week old sitting on the kitchen floor in front of the doggie door! Of course she was in the draftiest place in the house! I picked her up and she was really cold so I popped her back in the brooder under the light. She immediately started eating and drinking and now she looks fine. She must have flown out and pushed the wire out of the way. Now there are books holding the wire in place over the brooder. I'm so glad that the dogs didn't wake up and eat her!

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

What a lucky chick!

3. BrynnRDH

BrynnRDH Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    Yep, she's a tough one! She's still doing great.

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

She will need a creative name now [​IMG]

My first EE who could not stay in a box, then it was a four foot fence, then she flew over a 6 foot fence to get to me - her name is Sweet Amelia (Amelia Earhart is her namesake [​IMG] ) Your girl needs a good adventure name.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by